English Short Story Essay Ideas For 7th
With these new creative writing story starters, students will enjoy 56 fun boosts of creativity. Each story starter gives students a starting point from which they can take any number of directions. They’ll think about what they would do if they found $1000 on the ground or what would happen if one of their best friends was elected President.
For extra fun, encourage students to share their stories with one another after writing. They’ll be amazed to see how many different ideas they came up with from the same short story starter! Promote imagination and adventure with these new journal prompts and creative writing story starters. Regardless of whether they write silly, scary, or serious stories, students will love the chance to write something unique!
Daily writing offers many benefits to students, but the ability to explore new worlds is undoubtedly one of the most important. So put these creative writing story starters on double duty and use them as journal prompts for kids as well! Whether they’re writing creatively or considering a topic of personal reflection, journaling improves critical thinking skills and encourages imagination.
When students write on a regular basis, they gain more confidence in their schoolwork and in their own ideas. Journaling is a powerful way to empower your students both inside and outside of the classroom.
Creative Writing Story Starters
- You become a character in your favorite video game, and…
- Your grandma comes to town and brings an unexpected surprise…
- You are an astronaut who finds something strange on the moon…
- Your parents tell you that you’re moving across the country.
- An alien comes to Earth, and…
- At the beach, you find a special seashell…
- At summer camp, the boys and girls wage a prank war against one another.
- Every time a dog barks, something unusual happens…
- You learn that you are heir to a throne…
- At the library, you find a photo in a book.
- The last seconds on the clock are ticking, and the ball is in your hands. What happens next?
- You get stuck in an elevator with…
- In the backyard, your dog finds a mysterious necklace…
- Your best friend is elected President.
- At the mall, you walk by a mannequin that looks just like you. Something odd is happening…
- You find an old photo of your grandmother, and see that she was a famous actress…
- You receive a letter in the mail saying that you’ve won $10,000. What do you do?
- Your favorite athlete shows up at one of your games—but as a player on the other team!
- Your bicycle runs away from home. How do you find it?
- You discover a magic button that will…
- You suspect the school library might be haunted…
- You come home to find your cat eating a bowl of ice cream. What happens next?
- You win a contest on the radio for…
- Three kids get locked in the mall. What do they decide to do?
- You travel to the prairie and see…
- You switch places for a day with your favorite celebrity.
- You’re a race car driver with an embarrassing secret.
- Your favorite singer agrees to perform an exclusive show in your basement.
- You come home from school to find a box on your porch. What’s inside?
- At your birthday party, you receive a very special present…
- Your luggage gets lost at the airport and you accidentally open the wrong bag.
- Your class gets snowed in at school. What do you do?
- You show up at school, but you can’t remember where of your classes are or who anyone is.
- You switch places for a day with your dad.
- In the back of your closet, you find a basketball jersey…
- You find out that your teacher used to be…
- The pizza delivery person brings you something you didn’t order. What is it?
- You find $1000 on the ground, and…
- Your family wins the lottery.
- You discover your parents are spies…
- You become the youngest person ever to set a world record for…
- You and your best friend end up on the set of your favorite TV show. What happens?
- You take a ride on a tornado, and…
- You run into some trouble while camping…
- There is a magic swing at the park that will take you to…
- The power goes out, and you’re home alone…
- One day, there is a very strange weather report that says…
- Everywhere you go, you keep hearing a song that no one else can hear…
- You find a map leading to buried treasure, but it’s buried under the principal’s house!
- You hear an ad on the radio for a magic product that will…
- You stumble upon a cure for __________. What do you do with it?
- On Christmas Eve, you hear a strange noise on the roof…
- You’re in the school play and worried about forgetting your lines.
- You get home from the zoo and find a baby monkey in your trunk! What do you do?
- You win a cooking contest for your famous __________ recipe.
Until next time, write on…
Discover Even More Great Articles on JournalBuddies.com
Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, the writer tells a story about his/her personal experience. However, treating a narrative essay like an interesting bedtime story would be a mistake. It goes further. In this type of essay, the writer should speak about his/her experience within a specific context, such as a lesson learned. With a narrative essay, the writer not only entertains the reader but also teaches him, illustrating his point of view with a real-life example.
If you are assigned to write a narrative essay, here are some narrative writing prompts:
NARRATIVE ESSAY WRITING
How to Choose a Narrative Essay Topic?
Choosing an interesting topic and thinking over short story ideas is particularly important. When writing a narrative essay you should think about your life experience in the framework of the assignment’s theme, you would like to speak about. You should always remember that even a tiny event or incident could serve a plot for an interesting narrative story. The point is that it should convey a meaning; it should be a kind of instructive story.
There is a number of helpful techniques helping to invent an essay topic. If you don’t have a clue what experience to describe, you can brainstorm with your friends, surf the Internet or use this list of sample narrative essay topics.
Before getting started to choose a topic from the list provided by our writers, let’s read one of the narrative essay examples:
NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
In case you already have the topic to write about but need help with your essay, you can contact our essay writing service in UK to order a custom-written narrative essay with www.essaymasters.co.uk! Our professional writers are available 24/7!
Below is the great list of short story ideas:
TOP 70 Narrative Essay Topics
- If I could go back in time.
- If I could change anything in the history, what would I choose?
- The time I saw the weirdest thing in my life.
- My most frightening experience.
- One thing I’m afraid to lose.
- If I could change one thing about me.
- If I had a billion dollars.
- If I could stop the time.
- The most beautiful thing in the world for me.
- The most pleasant sound for me.
- My first day at a new school.
- The time I lost my friend.
- The time I got a new friend.
- My first day at a new job.
- My most disastrous day ever.
- My happiest day ever.
- The most irritating things in my life.
- An experience that left me disillusioned.
- How I met my fear.
- The moment I overcome my phobia.
- The achievement I’m proud of.
- My most dangerous experience.
- The journey that has changed me.
- The experience that taught me how appearance can be deceiving.
- My act of heroism.
- My act of cowardice.
- A thing I would like to change in my past.
- My first month of living on my own.
- The most successful day in my life.
- The time I was wrong about the person.
- My sudden act of a kindness.
- What my younger sibling taught me.
- A time when I felt that I’m experiencing a historic event.
- How I started relationships.
- The worst quarrel with my mother.
- An experience I thought I would never have.
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken.
- Why do I like being alone?
- The hardest decision I’ve ever made.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- What challenges have I overcome?
- How do I relieve stress?
- What do I do when I feel depressed.
- 5 everyday problems that bother me.
- Who inspires me and why.
- Whom would I ask to come if I had my own Talk-show?
- People that have changed my life.
- Books or movies that have changed my world view.
- Devices playing the biggest role in my life.
- Side effects of my digital life.
- One day or week without an access to the Internet.
- What my profile in social networks tells about me.
- What music inspires me.
- What music can change my mood?
- What movies inspire me.
- What role television plays in my life.
- What television shows have mattered to me?
- What reality-show I would like to participate in.
- What memorable poetry have I learned?
- What books teach me.
- Why do I keep (or don’t keep) a diary or journal?
- What words or phrases I don’t like to use.
- The time I learned that grammar is necessary.
- The greatest conversation of my life.
- The teacher who inspired me.
- The role clubs and teams play in my life.
- My long-time passion.
- What superhero power I would like to have.
- Why I like (or don’t like) cooking.
- Waiting in line story.
More about a narrative essay:
NARRATIVE ESSAY OUTLINE
Have you already chosen a topic for your narrative essay? If not, feel free to contact our professional writers as they will offer a lot of topics to write about. Place an order for getting an instant quote for your narrative essay.