Sample Essay Questions For Interview
Personal Interview Questions and Sample Answers
When you go on a job interview, in addition to being asked job interview questions about your employment history, your skills and qualifications for the job, your educational background, and your goals for the future, you'll also be asked personal interview questions.
What You'll Be Asked About
These will be questions about you personally - your personality, your work style and work ethic, how you handle stress, what you expect from an employer, and how you handle certain situations.
When an employer asks questions about you and how you work, they are trying to determine if you're a good match for both the job and the company culture. For example, if the role requires someone who is flexible and can work as many hours as needed to get the job done, but you can't commit to the overtime, you may not be the right person for the position.
There aren't any right or wrong answers to these interview questions, but do be sure your responses match what you know about the job and the company. The company is looking for candidates who match their requirements and the closer you fit the job description, the more competitive you'll be.
One caveat, however – try to answer each question as honestly as you can, both as you do these exercises and when you are actually answering these questions in an interview. It generally doesn’t work to try to pretend to be someone you are not in order to land a job.
Use the Questions to Help Decide if You Want the Job
Interviewing works both ways, and you can use these questions as a way to determine if the job is what you're looking for in your next position. These types of interview questions can help you - as well as the hiring manager - determine if the role is a good match for what you're looking for in your next job.
Before you head out to a job interview, review these personal interview questions and sample answers to get an idea of what you'll be asked and the best way to respond.
Examples of Personal Interview Questions
- How would you describe the pace at which you work? - Best Answers
- Do you prefer to work independently or on a team? - Best Answers
- Give some examples of teamwork. - Best Answers
- What type of work environment do you prefer? - Best Answers
- If you knew your boss were 100% wrong about something, how would you handle it? - Best Answers
- Describe a difficult work situation/project and how you overcame it. - Best Answers
- Describe a time when your workload was heavy and how you handled it. - Best Answers
- More job interview questions about your abilities. - Best Answers
- More job interview questions about you. - Best Answers
Once you have sat down and come up with honest answers to these questions, you can feel confident in your ability to answer almost any question that will be directed your way during a professional job interview.
Your college application essay is your ticket to college. So don’t lose the chance of showing what makes you different from other applicants. There are thousands of applications submitted to admission officers each year, so don’t write something as other applicants would and try to make your application stand out. So below are some common application essay questions.
Sample Application Essay Questions
1. Academic Plans
- How will your area of specialization contribute to your long-term career plan?
- Explain the significance of your major to the society 10 years from now.
2. Social Issues
- If you’re given the chance to change the curriculum of your school, what changes will you make?
- Cite a controversial issue on college campuses and propose a solution.
3. Personal Success
- How did you express your leadership both in and out of school?
- Describe your personal success and how it relates to your chosen field.
4. Background Information
- How has your family upbringing affected your views in life?
- Pick a past experience in your life and explain how that particular incident has changed you.
5. Future Goals
- Where will college education bring you 10 years from now?
- Describe your long-term perspectives for your long-term goals.
6. Financial Needs
- From your financial standpoint, what will be the impact of this scholarship on your education?
- Mention family or personal circumstances that have affected your financial status.
7. Random Questions
- Who is the person you admired the most and why?
- What book has influenced you deeply?
8. Other Related Questions
- Describe a significant incident that has changed your viewpoints in life.
- How does high school change you intellectually and personally?
- What is the biggest risk you have ever taken?
- Why have you chosen this college?
- If given the chance to meet a famous person, who would it be and why?
- What movie has greatly affected you?
- What particular music has inspired you and why?
9. Strange Questions
- Are we alone?
- How do you feel about Friday?
- How would your room describe you?
- Who would be your biggest fan?
- What would be your greatest problem?
Common application essay questions can be nerve-wrecking. But some universities try to reduce the tension by raising odd questions. While most of the questions are unpredictable, knowing some of the commonly asked questions will help you win your application. So start brainstorming and begin writing down your thoughts as early as you can. Don’t let an application essay deter you from getting the quality education you deserve.
Author Bio: Rachel who is working at EssayTask.com can help you with writing an application essay. EssayTask.com provides quality writing services as well as examples of essays written by other students.